So I found out some very sad news last night...my very dear friend Heather passed away last night at the age of 33. My mom called me with the news and I was so shocked I could hardly breathe. They are not sure what happened only that her roommate found her out front of the house blue they tried to save her, but she was gone. She had 5 kids, was a nurse, beautiful and funny as Hell. I am reeling over the news. I guess it is hard to understand why someone so young just dies. It sounds strange, but it is so hard for me to imagine taking her # out of my phone permanantly, I know it's strange but it is so final...I called it last night just to check if she was there...it was eerie to hear her answering machine.
Heather was the reason I did so well after my divorce..she walked me through all the steps and even came with me to court, I borrowed one of her nice long coats. Her fashion sense was amazing, I loved her clothes, and borrowing them any chance I could. She is also the reason that I kept seeing Kevin she told me I couldn't let this one go. she was right. We talked long nights and she was really my only girlfriend while I moved back home with my folks. Her family is in my families ward, her sister dated my brother, her dad was my dads home teaching companion...we crossed paths alot. The last time I saw her was the 4th of July...I told her how I was pregnant and she said it would be a girl.
I am writing this very personal instance on my blog because I feel It is so important to live every moment...stop and hug your kids, tell everyone that you love them, let go of the little things(they're not important),help others if only to let them talk, take a walk and enjoy everything...the smells and sounds, the clouds, and warm sunshine, We have so much to be grateful for. I can't imagine a more blessed life than most of us live. I am also a little jealous that she will meet my little girl before me...I hope she gives her a kiss to pass on to me. I know she is with our heavenly Father...I pray for her kids and her family. I guess I will take her # out of my phone now...we will have an eternity to catch up when my time is over. Hopefully not as quickly as hers.
3 comments:
That was really sweet. Such a sad situation. Love you.
Soo sad...I know she had a special place in your heart. Luv u so much...
I'm so sorry Marisa! I just checked out your blog. Wow! She was so young! How are you dealing with it? I know it's a little late....but let me know if I can do anything for you!
Post a Comment